Insurance RepresentativeEagle, 81631 | 06/12/2018 | Ad id: 8-0000257371
Colorado Mountain Medical is currently looking for an Insurance Representative to join our professional team. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, based in our Business Office in Eagle. The Insurance Representative is responsible for corresponding with insurance carriers, Medicare, Medicaid, and patients as applicable to collect on delinquent accounts, appeal denied claims, and resolve unpaid accounts. We are looking for a detail-oriented person with the ability to multi-task and communicate with patients in a professional and courteous manner. Two years' experience in a medical office or in medical billing is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly answers incoming calls in a professional manner, transfers to appropriate person, takes message if required or provide assistance as applicable. - Processes electronic and paper claims, documenting according to set standards and procedures.
- Identifies delinquent accounts and corresponds with insurance carriers, Medicare, Medicaid, and patients as applicable to collect on those accounts, documenting according to set standards and procedures.
- Processes claim denial appeals, documenting according to set standards and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains patient accounts as applicable.
- Assists patients who have questions about their insurance balances.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years' experience in medical office or billing required.
- Ability to understand explanation of benefits, medical records and insurance carrier correspondence.
- Computer and typing high level proficiency.
- Strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and be detail oriented.
- Ability to foster professional and productive relationships.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy, HIPAA compliance and OSHA rules and regulations preferred.
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred.
For more information, or to apply online, go to https://cmmhealth.efficientapply.com/jobs/