Patient Representative, Front Desk - Start at $18/hr at Vail Summit Orthopaedics and Neurosurgery in FRISCO360 Peak One Drive, Suite 180, Frisco, 80443 | 03/24/2021 | Ad id: 8-0000671688-01
Vail Summit Orthopaedics is looking for a detailed, service oriented team member to join our front desk team either in Frisco. This is a full-time position, and may require shifts to be worked on the weekends and in the evenings. This is an excellent, relatively entry-level, opportunity in the health care industry. Responsibilities include answering phones, patient check in/out, appointment scheduling, data entry, patient registration, and input into Electronic Medical Records system. Computer skills required, experience in healthcare or customer service preferred (preferably in a physical therapy setting). This is a full-time, year round position with competitive pay, DOE, and fantastic benefits. Following current CDC and Summit County guidelines a mask is required to be worn at work.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ability to interact effectively, and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds.
- Sustain excellent patient interactions using clear communication and problem-solving skills.
- Monitor incoming phone calls and direct accordingly; including but not limited to scheduling appointments by phone, directing/transferring calls, taking detailed information for billing purposes over the phone etc.
- Check-in patients at the front desk in preparation for their appointment with a provider.
- Assist patients with completion of pre-registration forms, ensuring all items are signed.
- Check insurance cards and obtain payment as needed.
- Collect and record co-payments and outstanding balances, and balance cash drawer daily.
- Cover medical records and prior authorizations when needed.
- Communicate efficiently to back-office staff regarding needs of patients.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive patient information at all times.
- Answer the phone in a professional manner and follow procedures for routing calls.
- Ensure reception area and waiting rooms are clean. Regularly sanitize counters, surfaces, and reception area items.
- Previous medical office or professional office experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable working on computers and learning new computer programs.
- Ability to provide excellent patient service and maintain confidentiality required.
- Ability to converse, read and write in English required. Conversational Spanish helpful. APPLY TODAY! Or contact: Becky Burns at email@example.com; https://www.vsortho.com/careers